A Great Disc Jockey Will Make Your Night

Most Popular Wedding Songs

Does it seem like you can’t go to a wedding these days without hearing at least one Ed Sheeran song? Your wedding disc jockey keeps track of all the popular songs.



Well, it’s not just you. This week, Spotify released their list of the top 50 wedding songs and top 50 first dance songs for 2018. And surprise, surprise: Ed Sheeran topped both lists. His megahit “Thinking Out Loud” was the No. 1 wedding song and “Perfect” was the No. 1 first dance track.

According to Spotify, the top songs are determined by how many relevant user-created playlists they appear on ― in other words, which tracks show up most on playlists with “wedding” or “first dance” in the title ― not by how many streams they have overall.

The top 10 most popular wedding songs:

1. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran

2. “Marry You” by Bruno Mars

3. “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran

4. “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston

5. “All of Me” by John Legend

6. “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars

7. “My Girl” by The Temptations

8. “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri

9. “Marry Me” by Train

10. “You Make My Dreams” by Daryl Hall & John Oates

Popular Party Songs That Will Please Your Mom & Pop

1. "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys

Most memorable lyric: "If you should ever leave me, though life would still go on, believe me / The world could show nothing to me, so what good would living do me"

2. "At Last" by Etta James

Most memorable lyric: "At last, my love has come along / My lonely days are over and life is like a song"

3. "You Can't Hurry Love" by The Supremes

Most memorable lyric: "You can't hurry love, you'll just have to wait / You gotta trust in a good time no matter how long it takes"

4. "Dancing Queen" by ABBA

Most memorable lyric: "See that girl, watch that scene / Dig in the dancing queen!"

5. "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" by The Temptations

Most memorable lyric: "If I have to beg, plead, for your sympathy / I don't mind 'cause you mean that much to me" 6. "Dancing in the Street" by Martha and the Vandellas Most memorable lyric: "Calling out around the world, are you ready for a brand new beat? Summer's here and the time is right for dancing in the street."

7. "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John

Most memorable lyric: "Hold me closer, tiny dancer / Count the headlights on the highway"

8. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin

Most memorable lyric: "There's a feeling I get when I look to the west / And my spirit is crying for leaving"

9. "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight & The Pips

Most memorable lyric: "L.A. proved too much for the man / So he's leavin' the life he's come to know"

10. "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King

Most memorable lyric: "No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid / Just as long as you stand, stand by me"

11. "I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King

Most memorable lyric: "I feel the earth move under my feet / I feel the sky tumbling down"

12. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

Most memorable lyric: "Just call my name I'll be there in a hurry / You don't have to worry"

13. "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison

Most memorable lyric: "Do you remember when we used to sing / Sha la la la la la la la la la la te da"

14. "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac

Most memorable lyric: "Thunder only happens when it's raining / Players only love you when they're playing"

15. "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones

Most memorable lyric: "I can't get no satisfaction / 'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try"

16. "Be My Baby" by The Ronettes

Most memorable lyric: "The night we met I knew I needed you so / And if I had the chance I'd never let you go"

17. "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire

Most memorable lyric: "Do you remember the 21st night of September? / Love was changing the minds of pretenders / While chasing the clouds away"

18. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" by Stevie Wonder

Most memorable lyric: "Oh yeah baby, like a fool I went and stayed too long / Now I'm wondering if your love's still strong"

19. "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" by Aretha Franklin

Most memorable lyric: "Before the day I met you, life was so unkind / You're the key to my peace of mind"

20. "Hey Jude" by The Beatles

Most memorable lyric: "Hey Jude, don't make it bad / Take a sad song and make it better"

21. And "Last Dance" by Donna Summer

Most memorable lyric: "Last dance, last chance for love / Yes it's my last chance for romance tonight"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Gown Trends in 2019

The Ten Most Beautiful Wedding Flowers

Save Money on Your Wedding Reception